About Keep our Assets
Keep our Assets is a broad partnership project of leading nation-wide organisations representing youth, workers, the 50 plus, the environment, the community and everyday New Zealanders.
The groups have come together to say “Keep our Assets” New Zealand in what is a critical point in public policy development in this country.
Between us we represent over quarter of a million New Zealanders and the over 60% of New Zealanders who do not agree with the proposed sales.
What do we stand for?
- The Government’s proposed partial privatisation of these assets is a bad idea
- This will inevitably lead to full privatisation
- Power generation companies should stay 100% Kiwi owned
- Selling the companies will send profits offshore
- Privatisation may force power prices up
- We can pay down government debt faster by keeping our assets
So who exactly are we?
We want everyone who thinks, feels or believes in ‘Keep our Assets’ to get involved in the campaign. Many organisations have come together to start Keep our Assets, the most involved organisations so far include:
- New Zealand Council of Trade Unions
- GreyPower New Zealand
- New Zealand Union of Students’ Associations
- Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Labour Party
- Greenpeace New Zealand